Spring has sprung, which means it’s the perfect time to get the outside of your home in top shape before the summer months. A little sprucing can go a long way with enhancing your home’s
5 Things To Do in Atlanta For Memorial Day
Dated: May 18 2019
Memorial Day is a day to remember those that gave their lives for our freedom. It has also become a day (well, a long weekend really) to officially kick off the start of summer. School is officially out and the kids are ready to celebrate. According to the AJC, 1.7 million people in Georgia plan to travel this Memorial Day weekend. If you aren't one of them, you're likely looking for something for your family to do for the long weekend. Most cities (including Alpharetta) host a Memorial Day parade or 5k race to honor our fallen heroes. Both events are a great way to remember what the day is all about. Show your patriotism and use it as a teaching moment for your kids. There are plenty of events and attractions around Atlanta for you to take your kids over the long weekend. No matter their age, there's something for everyone. Here are 5 things you can do with your family this Memorial Day:
- Stone Mountain - From a ropes course to the Skyride up the mountain, there are so many different things to do at Stone Mountain for the entire family. The best part is the Lasershow Spectacular, which begins at 9:30 p.m. Visit their website here for tickets and more information.
- Six Flags - Six Flags is always a great option when you're looking for somewhere fun to take the kids. They have roller coasters for every size, entertainment shows, and a waterpark opening just in time for Memorial Day Weekend. Get your tickets here.
- Lake Lanier - If you've never been, Lake Lanier is the perfect place to cool down on a hot summer day. From water slides to a large wave pool, Lanier World is fun for everyone. Check it out here.
- YAARAB Shrine Circus - This is the 75th anniversary of the Shrine Circus and it's happening right around the corner in Marietta. They put on a great show, and Veterans will get in for free on Memorial Day! Get your tickets here.
- Alpharetta Arts Street Fest - If you're looking for some fun really close to home, head over to the Arts Street Fest! You'll have a chance to check out some awesome art from around the country. There will be plenty of activities for the kids, live music, and delicious food. Learn more here.
[caption id="attachment_4091" align="aligncenter" width="300"] Stone Mountain Park[/caption] There's also the option to stay near home and fire up the grill, or even head to a nearby park for some fun - check out Wills Park, North Park, or Webb Bridge Park. Nothing says Memorial Day like a classic BBQ. What are your plans this Memorial Day? I'd love to hear from you! [idx-platinum-widget id="16156-47838" ]